This super green soup has a refreshing taste and it’s excellent served hot as well as cold – gazpacho style. The perfect summer soup.
- 2 courgettes
- 1 cup peas
- 2 cup spinach leaves
- 1 bunch of fresh basil
- ½ onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- salt and pepper
HOW TO MAKE SUPER GREEN SOUP
- Heat the oil in a pan and cook the roughly chopped onion and garlic for about 2 minutes, until the onion is soft and transparent.
- Chop the courgettes in small pieces.
- Add the courgettes and peas to the pan, after 2 minutes add 1 litre of water and cover. Cook for 5-7minutes.
- Add the spinach and basil, switch off the heat. Leave it to rest for 1-2 minutes.
- Remove about ½ litre of water with a colander. This will make the soup more creamy, if you like it very watery you can skip this step.
- Blend everything finely.
- Add salt and pepper and serve hot or leave it cool down for an hour for a refreshing summer soup.
CLYO PARECCHINI, LIVE WELL COORDINATOR
Clyo heads up Wen’s Live Well cooking and food growing courses in the London Borough of Tower Hamlets. Classes explore in a practical way how diet and lifestyles has an impact on the planet. Attendees learn and try new plant based recipes, spend time in the community garden and enjoy a delicious lunch.