Try this delicious easy to make dairy free ice cream. Perfect for summer and no ice cream maker is needed. Frozen bananas give this ice cream a lovely creamy texture.
- 4 banana
- ½ cup plant-based drink
- 2 tbsp agave syrup
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder or 1 cup of berries
HOW TO MAKE DAIRY FREE ICE CREAM
- Chop the bananas in to pieces and place them into the freezer for about 2-3 hours, until frozen.
- Take the bananas out of the freezer and wait about 5 minutes for them to soften, if they are too hard.
- Put the banana in to a food mixer with a splash of plant-based milk of your choice (almond, rice, oat, soy, coconut) and blend. I divided my bananas into 2 cups to make two different flavours
- When the mix is creamy enough you can add:
- the cocoa powder with some agave syrup
- or some fresh berries – I used a mix of strawberries, blueberries, cranberries and raspberries.
- Blend everything together until smooth. If it becomes too soft you can put it back in the freezer for a few minutes before serving.
Note: you can try many different ingredients to create your own favourite flavour. Why not add peaches, mango, peanut or nut spread.
CLYO PARECCHINI, LIVE WELL COORDINATOR
Clyo heads up Wen’s Live Well cooking and food growing courses in the London Borough of Tower Hamlets. Classes explore in a practical way how diet and lifestyles has an impact on the planet. Attendees learn and try new plant based recipes, spend time in the community garden and enjoy a delicious lunch.