An easy to prepare pasta recipe using broccoli and a hint of chilli.
- 250g pasta
- 400g broccoli
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 pinch of pepper
- 1tsp dried Chili/ spice on your choice
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp salt
how to make broccoli pasta
- Finely slice the broccoli florets and stalks
- Heat the oil in a large pan and add the garlic, stir until softened (1 min)
- Add the broccoli to the pan and cook for about 5 minutes stirring.
- Meanwhile the broccoli cook: Bring a large pan of water to boil and add the tbs of salt, then cook your pasta (10min or as indicated on the packaging)
- Drain the pasta and stir it in the broccoli’s pan
- Add pepper, chilli and sesame seeds (or parmesan cheese) and stir for a few minutes.
- Enjoy or preserve it in the fridge for 2 days.
CLYO PARECCHINI, LIVE WELL COORDINATOR
Clyo heads up Wen’s Live Well cooking and food growing courses in the London Borough of Tower Hamlets. Classes explore in a practical way how diet and lifestyles has an impact on the planet. Attendees learn and try new plant based recipes, spend time in the community garden and enjoy a delicious lunch.