- 0-12 Rich tea biscuits
- 1 cup of Coffee
- 200g Cashew nuts, soaked overnight
- 4-5 Dates, soaked for ½ hour
- 80ml Plant based milk (I’ve used unsweetened Oat drink)
- 4tbsp Vegetable oil
- 4 ramekins or dessert glasses
- Cocoa powder to serve
Note: for a child friendly version you can replace the coffee with dark hot chocolate
- Break the biscuits roughly with a rolling pin and place them at the bottom of your dessert glasses or ramekins, pressing down well.
- Pour the coffee on the biscuit base of each glass/ramekin.
- Mix the cashew nuts with the dates in a food processor, gradually add the plant based milk and oil.
- When the mix is creamy and completely smooth, distribute between the cups/ramekins, covering the biscuit base.
- Cover the cashew cream layer with sieved cocoa powder.
- Place the glasses/ramekins into the fridge for about 2 hours before serving.
For more Christmas themed crafts and recipes check out our Eco Christmas ideas blog. Also take a look at our very popular Wenderful Christmas booklet
with home made gift ideas and recipes.
Clyo has also has lots of seasonal recipes you can try on her Live Well recipes blog
CLYO PARECCHINI, LIVE WELL COORDINATOR
Clyo heads up Wen’s Live Well cooking and food growing courses in the London Borough of Tower Hamlets. Classes explore in a practical way how diet and lifestyles has an impact on the planet. Attendees learn and try new plant based recipes, spend time in the community garden and enjoy a delicious lunch.