Make Environmenstrual Week fun with these creative and social ideas to celebrate periods. Whether you are able to meet in person or virtually, we have lots of ideas:
MAKE A WASHABLE PAD
- Trace the pattern and place on double thickness of fabric with good side facing inwards.
- If you would like to include a waterproof layer, try using up-cycled mattress protector sheet or up-cycled nappy wraps.
- Cut around, leaving seam allowance (outside dots).
- Overlock around edge leaving one end open (inside dots open at one end); trim and turn inside out; trim and turn inside out.
- Sew up the open end.
- Add poppers to wings where shown.
- Finally (and optionally), hand sew a pocket on either end of the wrap to hold a liner in place.
MAKE A PERIOD PROUD BADGE
Help spread the word about the Environmenstrual Week by making and wearing a badge:
- Glue your badge designs (on the following page) to a piece of recycled cardboard or a cereal box.
- Once the glue is dry, carefully cut out your badges following the dotted line.
- Use masking tape to fix a safety pin to the back of your badge, and wear it with pride!
HOST A PERIOD QUIZ
How about getting a few friends together for a quiz night? This would be a fun activity on zoom.
Plan a film night with friends! With social distancing in mind – you could pick a film related to periods or the environment and agree to watch it on a specific date. After the movie, hop on a video call with your friends to discuss what you liked about it or learned from it.
This is a great way to introduce the #Environmenstrual topic and inspire people who might want to make the switch to sustainable period products.
Almost every social media platform has a live video feature. Why not host a chat with your friends, colleagues or followers to raise awareness about EWOA? Use our Environmenstrual Explainer slide deck. Or how about watching together virtually – take a look at Netflix Party – where you can watch Netflix with your friends online. It synchronises video playback and adds group chat to your favourite Netflix shows.
Sign up below to receive regular updates and news: