FOOD COOP STRATEGY AND DEVELOPMENT LEAD
Salary: £35,844.90 FTE pro rata
Contract: 2.5 days a week temporary contract for 1 year
Location: Tower Hamlets (various) with occasional remote working
We are looking for someone talented at fundraising and the strategic development of community projects, with a particular interest in cooperative models and sustainable food enterprise. This exciting piece of work aims to develop a long-term solution for Food Co-ops in Tower Hamlets, which are currently funded through the Just Food and Climate Transition Programme (Just FACT).
The Food Co-ops are currently solely funded through Just FACT. A long-term funding plan is needed to maintain the projects beyond the Just FACT funding. This exciting new role will work closely and collaboratively with partner organisations to explore options for continuation and the long-term sustainability of the Food Co-ops. This will include both fundraising to enable continuation in the short term and exploring income generation alternatives to create a financially viable model in the longer term.
Responsibilities will include: Fundraising and income generation, co-developing business models for Food Co-ops, network building and development of sustainable supply chains.
For the full role description, please see here
IS THIS YOU?
- Proven track record of successful fundraising and income generation
- Experience developing strategic plans to meet current and future needs
- Experience of developing innovative approaches to achieving change and maximising impact
- Experience of working in a coalition or partnership, building and maintaining effective strong relationships
- Experience of building or supporting networks at a community or grassroots level
- Experience of successfully organising and facilitating meetings in a participatory way
- A self-starter, who is confident with independent working and managing own workload
- A passion for taking effective climate action in the food system
- A passion for building resilient community-led food enterprises
- An understanding of the concept of a Just Transition
- Ability to produce and present written reports
- Have solid IT skills and proficient use of Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Have a good understanding of the importance of confidentiality
Wen provides the following benefits to all employees:
- 25 days annual leave and all bank holidays, pro rata
- Pension scheme, contributing 6% of salary.
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Flexible and hybrid working available.
- Access to training and development opportunities.
Deadline: 5pm 12th June 2023
Interviews: week commencing 19th June 2023