The WEN FORUM, is a quarterly symposium featuring key note speakers discussing topics of the moment. Always inspiring, topical and sometimes controversial!. Book early to take advantage of our Early Bird ticket price. Concessions available too. All our events include refreshments, panel discussion, Q&A session and time for networking.
SAVE THE DATE! - THE NEXT WEN FORUM
Past WEN Forum Events
WEDNESDAY 22ND MARCH - WHAT'S GENDER GOT TO DO WITH CLIMATE CHANGE?
Women's rights and climate change are inextricably linked. We will be exploring these questions and more:
- Why climate change is not gender neutral?
- Why women aren't equally involved in the solutions to tackle climate change?
- Why women are more affected by climate change?
- How can we nurture women's leadership in climate change movements?
Our panel included:
- Juliet Davenport - CEO, Good Energy
- Professor Susan Buckingham - Feminist, Geographer & Expert on Gender and Climate Change
- Tina Louise Rothery - The Nanas, UK Anti Fracking Campaign
- Ghalia Fayad, Programme Leader, Arab World Programme - Greenpeace Mediterranean & Break Free Coalition
- Pia Hollenstein - Senior Women for Climate Protection Switzerland
The WEN Forum was a Break Free Coalition (Break Free from fossil fuels) event, which this year is focusing on the impact of climate change on women and marginalised groups
To celebrate International Women's Day 2017, The WEN Forum presented: How Can Periods Save the Planet?
Our panel included experts in the world of menstruation, highlighting the diverse issues associated with menstruation worldwide. The discussion explored the health and environmental impacts of menstruation practices, and what some sustainable solutions might be to break down the taboo in various global contexts.
The Period Positive Panel included:
- Sally King – Director, Menstrual Matters
- Tara Chandra – Co-Founder, FLO (organic tampon start up)
- Kath Clements - Campaigns & Marketing Manager, Mooncup
- Joshna Raghwani – Director Corporate Social Responsibility, Binti International
- David Morrall – Trustee, Nepal Earthquake Recovery Fund