So how can you have a period without plastic?
Here are the options:
- Menstrual cups - are worn internally and simply collect your flow. Made from medical grade silicone, they can last 10 years!
- Washable pads - are available in different shapes, sizes, materials, absorbencies – and colours! They can simply be soaked after use and washed with the rest of your laundry. Washable panty liners are also now available.
- Sponges - these are natural sea sponges and have been used for many years. They are worn internally.
- Reusable period pants - recently new option. Pants that can be worn for up to eight hours and hold as much or up to four tampons’ worth of blood.
- Choose certified organic cotton and plastic free tampons and pads, that are biodegradable.
Why not try giving #PeriodsWithoutPlastic a go!
Join our #PeriodsWithoutPlastic Campaign by signing up below and we will send you our top tips PLUS some money off vouchers from our partners, to make it even easier to ditch the plastic!