This summer rice salad recipe is a classical Italian summer dish, ideal for a picnic “al fresco”. The following ingredients and dressing are just a suggestion, you can actually create your own mix with what you have at home.
- 3 cup Basmati Rice
- 1 cup Olives
- 1 cup Spinach
- 1 cup Mixed vegetables (carrots, sweetcorn, radish, peas)
- 1-2 eggs (optional)
- Cappers, Pickles, Beetroots, Onions (optional)
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 pinch Salt
how to make summer rice
- Wash the rice and boil it in salted water. When cooked, cool it down by rinsing it under cold water.
- Boil the eggs for 6 minutes then let them cool. Tip: Use a spoon to peel the eggs.
- Chop finely all the vegetables, they should be perfectly mixed with the rice grains.
- Mix everything in a large bowl, dressing with oil oil and salt.
- Serve the summer rice cold.
This dish will last in the fridge for a couple of days – I often double the quantities to serve the next day.
CLYO PARECCHINI, LIVE WELL COORDINATOR
Clyo heads up Wen’s Live Well cooking and food growing courses in the London Borough of Tower Hamlets. Classes explore in a practical way how diet and lifestyles has an impact on the planet. Attendees learn and try new plant based recipes, spend time in the community garden and enjoy a delicious lunch.