- 2 cups quinoa (or couscous)
- 1 ½ cup cooked beetroots
- ½ onion diced
- 1 cup red beans or aduki beans
- 2 cups kale
- 1 cup celery diced
- 1tbsp olive oil
- ½ lime
- Wash the quinoa under running fresh water, then cook it for about 20minute in boiling water
- Steam the kale for about 2-3 minutes to soften it then rinse it under fresh water (or leave it raw if you like it crunchy)
- Chop finely beetroot, onion and celery.
- Drain the quinoa when completely cooked and softened, rinse it under fresh water and drain it well.
- Mix the vegetables in a bowl with the quinoa, add oil and lime.
- Enjoy your fresh crunchy salad!
If you don’t have quinoa you can easily replicate this recipe using couscous or brown rice. After being cooked quinoa last up to a week in the refrigerator, you can prepare ahead and serve with different vegetables every day.
CLYO PARECCHINI, LIVE WELL COORDINATOR
Clyo heads up Wen’s Live Well cooking and food growing courses in the London Borough of Tower Hamlets. Classes explore in a practical way how diet and lifestyles has an impact on the planet. Attendees learn and try new plant based recipes, spend time in the community garden and enjoy a delicious lunch.