Try this Italian take on a veggie wrap. Piadinas, the Italian wrap, can be filled with any kind of savoury ingredients. Quick and easy to make and a great option for lunch.
- Bread wraps (1 per person)
- 1 Cup of leafy vegetable: Chard, Spinach, Kale Broccoli
- ⅓ cup Mushrooms (optional)
- ⅓ cup Tomatoes (optional)
- 1 slice of cheese: cheddar, mozzarella, Red Leicester, Brie
how to make Piadina veggie wrap
- Steam or blanch chard, spinach leaves or any kind of vegetable that may be too hard uncooked
- Slice the mushroom and/or tomato finely
- Heat a large frying pan on to a medium heat and place your wrap on it.
- Warm up one side of the wrap, then turn it over and place your vegetables and cheese on half of the wrap
- Fold the wrap in half and cover it with a lid, try to seal the round border of the wrap with the lid.
- Turn it on the other side after 2 minutes and cook the other side for one more minute until the wrap becomes crunchy and the cheese inside melts with the vegetables.
- Serve warm as a toast.
Piadina is a typical italian wrap that can be filled with any kind of savoury ingredients. These are my favourites for a vegetarian option.
CLYO PARECCHINI, LIVE WELL COORDINATOR
Clyo heads up Wen’s Live Well cooking and food growing courses in the London Borough of Tower Hamlets. Classes explore in a practical way how diet and lifestyles has an impact on the planet. Attendees learn and try new plant based recipes, spend time in the community garden and enjoy a delicious lunch.