Do you want to grow your own?
Nagu soo biir Join us!
Do you want to grow your own herbs, salads, fruits and vegetables?
Women in Tower Hamlets are invited to join WEN’s exciting ‘Spice It Up‘ programme taking place from 15th September 2010 at the Ocean Somali Community Association in Mile End, east London. Further courses will be taking place in November and early 2011. Participants will receive:
- Four weeks free training (six hours per week) in organic food growing skills, including an induction to Women’s Environmental Network, and visits to local gardening projects.
- A certificate of achievement, and a reference for future employers or training schemes once you have completed the programme.
- An opportunity to volunteer at local community gardens to put your new skills into practise, and a chance to become a Local Food Ambassador.
- A free food growing starter kit, including hand trowel and hand fork, seeds, gardening gloves, potting compost, and a container/window box.
- Free lunch at the training sessions, and travel expenses for attendance of the training sessions/placements.
- Childcare can be provided or reasonable expenses reimbursed if arranged before hand. Call 020 7481 9004 or email: Kate Metcalf at email@example.com
You don’t need to have experience of food growing to join the programme:the only requirements are an interest in food growing, and regular attendance at the training sessions and your volunteer placements.
Participants must contact WEN before hand to arrange booking as spaces are limited: Call the Local Food Team on 020 7481 9004 or complete the booking form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Booking Form (.doc)
Women growing food together,
Bringing life to inner-city plots